As a Senior Office Clerk, you will perform leadership tasks to ensure the smooth running of office and warehouse systems and support continuous improvement. Includes maintenance of Logistics customer routing/options/alignment database and facility setup parameters. Assists general office clerks in prioritizing work and performing tasks as appropriate to task and workload.
- Load inbound and outbound freight to and from vehicles and containers
- Unload inbound and outbound containers and sort according to size of freight and destination
- Read, decode, and decipher freight coding in order to expedite freight movement and tracing process * Reconcile driver pick up and delivery manifests
- Label, weigh, and dimensionalize freight
- Perform cleanup activities in the work area to ensure safety and cleanliness of dock
- Record damaged shipments and misrouted freight on applicable reports * Communicate work area needs to Warehouse Supervisor
- Determine daily tasks, workloads and coordinates staffing accordingly in conjunction with Warehouse Supervisor. Delegate warehouse tasks in assigned area in conjunction with Warehouse Supervisor
- Identify system or process issues and communicate those to Warehouse Supervisor
- Coordinate trucking transportation in and out of the warehouse
- Maintain quality standards for warehouse storage and service including communication to internal and external customers
- Maintain and ensure a safe working environment
Responsible for loading and unloading freight accurately, inventory control, rotation and inspection and other warehouse related duties. Assist the Supervisor and Manager maintain the operations of the warehouse facility by acting as lead liaison/ point of contact between Warehouse Manager and assigned areas of the warehouse.
Job duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzes office work assignments and discusses the urgency of the situation with the manager/supervisor and determines the need to modify or reorganize tasks to meet the situation.
- Reviews clerical activities such as balancing and releasing orders from Logistics, export documentation, inventory adjustments from stock ledger, weekly/monthly reports and freight charges payable and determines work priority as well as identifying irregularities requiring further investigation.
- Resolves shipping discrepancies and communicates with distributors.
- Reviews payroll and measurement reporting data and makes appropriate volume updates and corrections.
- Analyzes freight reports to investigate and correct improper charges.
- Maintains routes/stations/lines and balances shipments. These two functions are interrelated, route/station/alignment being the path an order travels on its way to a customer, and load balancing involves moving an order from one route/station/alignment to another, usually at the request of the customer.
- It impacts key quality objectives including customer satisfaction, continuous improvement, timeliness, accuracy, efficiency, cost savings, process quality, parts quality, ISO 9000 certification, etc.
- The position works to refine processes or procedures to ensure the best use of resources and technology to meet quality objectives.
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.