Reporting to the front-office supervisor, the receptionist is the first person a guest meets upon arrival at the hotel, so it is extremely important that all staff present a friendly and professional image to our guests at all times.
- Greet and welcome our guests to the hotel.
- Check in guests and make payment.
- Answer any questions guests may have about in-house facilities and tourist information.
- Take responsibility for the security of the keys.
- Update all guest information on your computer.
- Take and confirm guest reservations.
- Excellent guest care skills.
- Be able to work on your own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be able to perform well under pressure.
Previous experience as a receptionist in a professional office environment is essential. Familiarity with modern administrative practices, procedures and equipment; ability to effectively use computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendaring and email; ability to read, write, speak, understand and communicate in English is essential to perform the essential duties of the position.The ideal candidate will be proficient in setting priorities and will work with little supervision. They will be self-motivated and trustworthy.
- Supports the smooth running of the front office department, where all aspects of the customer journey and experience are delivered to the highest standard
- Works as part of a team that maximizes guest satisfaction and comfort, providing a positive and timely response to guest requests and resolving guest issues
- Accomplishes departmental plans and goals where hotel initiatives and objectives are met
- Collaborates with his/her direct report, ensuring costs and inventory are controlled, productivity and performance levels are achieved
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships while promoting company culture and values.
- Ensures compliance and adherence to all legislation, where due diligence requirements and best practice activities are planned, carried out and documented for internal and external audit, carrying out follow up actions as appropriate
Our first class Front Office Team is the heart of the house, providing a warm welcome and happy smile and where we strive to deliver a hospitality experience that is beyond expectation - creating memorable moments for our guests.