The conditions here are representative of those an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. As a Carpenter, you will perform rough carpentry and finish carpentry work on commercial construction projects, achieving the highest quality of workmanship. With a team of skilled professionals dedicated to providing our clients with the best construction experience
What you will do
- You will support our mission to provide our customers with the best building experience.
- You build quality wood structures and perform finish carpentry work to include cabinet installations, finish work and doors and hardware.
- You will maintain adherence to project specifications and support the team
What you bring to the team
- Previous experience as a carpenter on commercial construction projects
- Flexibility in working hours
- You are passionate about learning and developing your skills.
- You have a high quality approach and will make it a priority in your daily work routine
This is the second in a series of three job classifications related to carpentry within the “skilled trades” job family. This classification is distinguished by additional experience and the ability to perform skilled carpentry work. This classification may require a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs skilled carpentry functions
- Assists in performing final home inspection to ensure completed work meets standards.
- Provides on-the-job training for team members
- Reads and interprets work orders and installs materials issued in accordance with standards and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Estimates materials and labor required for eligible housing in relation to program rules and regulations and coordinates with the field supervisor and/or warehouse operator involved in purchasing materials.
- Ensures upgrades are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Reports discrepancies or problems immediately to his/her supervisor or manager.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
Spartan is a fast growing and highly diversified company and we are constantly looking for builders and business people to join our industry leading team. Our employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by teamwork to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company