We have an excellent opportunity to work in a fast-growing and highly successful organisation as a Site Installer / Steel Fitter. The role is to carry out primary and secondary steelwork installations and architectural metalwork. This includes fitting and ensuring the finished product is of a high quality. This is achieved by following detailed drawings and working as part of a close team, assisting each other in carrying out the installation required.
- Review of technical plans prepared by architects and engineers
- Planning of project assembly
- Cutting and shaping steel
- Using hand and power tools
- Installing and fastening together steel beams, ducts and beam sections to make a steel frame
- Using elevated work platforms and scissor lifts
- Laying metal floors
- Fastening the safety net and the edge rails. You are always insured, but the job description assumes that you are not sick of height!
- Lifting and guiding components into position with tower cranes
- Aligning and levelling steelwork before screwing it into position.
Assist in the installation of steel frames under the instructions of the Senior Steel Erector and Construction Manager. Conduct a dynamic risk assessment and ensure that any risks not previously identified are communicated to the Senior Steel Erector and Construction Manager prior to commencement of work:
- Ensure that all equipment provided to carry out the work safely is used correctly
- Comply with company policies and procedures at all times
- Read drawings accurately
- Establish and verify dimensions and levels using various plotting devices
- Liaise with project and site management
- Complete documents, i.e. work records, time sheets and handover sheets accurately.
- Plan ahead and solve problems
- Maintain a high level of finish and attention to detail.
We are looking for professional workers for construction sites throughout Finland.